Winter solstice

Winter solstice

Sunday, January 23, 2011

And then there were seven...

When we left for church this morning, I knew a couple of the does were getting close to delivering. Church went over a little today and we got home about a half hour later than usual. Instead of going to the house first, I ran to the barn. When I looked in, Marshmallow was in a corner pushing. I ran back to the house, stripped off my church clothes, threw on my coveralls and got back to the barn just in time... She delivered three does without a bit of problem. As I was cleaning them off and getting them under a heat lamp, I looked over at April Mae and she was pushing. A half hour later and she delivered two does. So we went from 2 to 7 really quick. Now all we have left is Curly Sue. I will have my work cut out for me, milking 3 does and bottle feeding 7. Once again, I thank the Lord for safe deliveries and healthy babies...

2 comments:

  1. Glad everything came out OK! God always surprises us with His timing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very happy for you Becky. God is good to us!Teresa

    ReplyDelete